The Quincy Community Center is available for rental to village residents and local organizations.
QUINCY COMMUNITY CENTER HISTORY
The Quincy Community Center was previously the home of the V.F.W. Post 3528, which was formed in Quincy on April 14, 1950 with Don Hahn as commander.
In 1964 the new building south of town was built. The dedication was held in 1965. The beautiful stone fireplace is a nice setting for wedding receptions and many other functions. Many benefit dances, suppers and bake sales have been held to benefit indivduals’.
On November 24, 1974, the Ladies Auxiliary was started with 40 members. Mrs. Roy Austin is president.
The women assist the men with the activities such as treats at Christmas for the children of the community, ball game tours, sponsoring of Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts.
The V.F.W. also sponsors the Voice of Democracy contest with students of the senior class of Riverside High School, with several going on to District.
The 25th anniversary of the Post was celebrated in April 1975. Don Hahn was the out going commander and a flag was presented to the Post by the Women’s Auxiliary. Members, families and business men were guests to the program, dinner and dance.
In 2002, the V.F.W. Post 3528 disbanded and donated all of their equipment to the DeGraff American Legion. The building was sold to the Village of Quincy, which has been converted to a Community Center used for community tenets and rentals.